background

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

6 Months Old and Still No Baby Book . . . Who Really Cares Anyway?

Dear Layla,

I am just not into scrapbooking. There are plenty of women that are, but I am just not one of them. They spend hours (and a lot of dollars) buying all those cute papers, stamps, and little do-dads to make really intense scrapbooks celebrating all the details of their child's life.

I don't get it. I tried to "get it", but I failed. Miserably. I bought some special paper so that I could scrapbook about my honeymoon with Daddy. That was as far as I got. Yep - that's right. All I did was buy the paper. What an epic fail!

So it should really come as no surprise that I haven't made your baby book yet. You are 6 months old without a baby book. I have saved little things, like your hospital bracelet, footprint paper, and even the measuring tape the doctors used in the delivery room. I've also taken a gazillion pictures, but I've done nothing with them. I've literally done nuh-thang with those pictures. They are still on the memory card and there's no telling when I am going to print them.

With all that being said, I love, love, love Smilebox. It makes the cutest, little photograph slideshow thingies, which is wonderful for those of us who can't scrapbook. Below is the Smilebox I made for you to celebrate your 6 month birthday. So what if you don't have the traditional baby book with all the ridiculous cut-outs, fancy papers, and stamps?! You have the next best thing - Smilebox slideshows and several videos on Youtube. Welcome to the world honey - it's 2010 and this momma has gone digital.

Love,
Mommy



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment