background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pickle

Dear Layla,

You love pickles. The first one you ever had was at Firehouse Subs when you were about 9 months old. When you order a sandwich (I like the Engine Company without tomatoes), they always give you a pickle on the side. It was late, and by "late" I mean like 8:30. See, when you become a parent "late" is unusally "early" to most non-parents. You were acting tired and fussy, so I gave you my pickle. I wouldn't let you hold it, but let you bite into the soft middle part. You were in love.

From there, you progressed into eating cut-up pieces of pickle then to holding one and eating it on your own. Such a big girl!

Ya-Ya suggested that I grab the video camera and record you eating a pickle during tonight's Skype session. I am so glad that I did!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment