background

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cranberries

Dear Layla,


Once a week we receive a shipment of meats, veggies, and fruits from West Wind Farms in Knoxville.  It is always a surprise for what we will get.  Sometimes we get great things like big turkey thighs, carrots, or sweet potatoes. Sometimes we get not-so-great things like kale, greens, and other stinky things.  There's really nothing you can do but work with what you are given. 


For the record, when we get nasty tasting things, I give it away.  I'd rather someone else use it then it go bad sitting in my fridge.


Last week we got a bag of fresh cranberries.  I had no idea what to do with them. I looked up recipes in my favorite cookbook, How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman and nothing sounded good. 


The best idea that I could think of for the cranberries was to dry them to make homemade Craisins.  I love packaged Craisins and the recipe that I found online seemed simple enough to try. 


BUT, before I could start the drying process, I let you try one. Yes, I'm evil like that. You spit it out, of course. And I recorded it, of course.


Love, 
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment