background

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gator Sweaters and Leaves

Dear Little People,

Mama Jane had an awesome idea.  She told me to buy you orange sweaters and get your names embroidered onto the chest.  Boom! Gator sweaters!! See? I told you it was an awesome idea!

I'm not a big fan of fall.  Some people go crazy about fall.  They love the cool weather, changing leaves, and Pumpkin Spice lattes.  Oh my God, Pumpkin Spice lattes.  People will seriously fall over themselves to get a Pumpkin Spice latte.  My Facebook timeline blows up every fall with people posting pictures of their lattes and commenting on how happy they are that the Pumpkin Spice lattes are back.  I think they are sick.  It's like licking the bottom of the spice rack.

I don't like the cool weather either.  It's just a reminder that it's going to get icy cold in just a few weeks as winter approaches.  I would be happy for it to be hot and sunny 365 days a year.  

Now, about the leaves.  I will agree with the masses and say it's pretty.  I think the fall leaves are very beautiful.  This is something that didn't happen when I was growing up in Florida.  Everything was pretty much green until those few frosty weeks when things turn brown.  Seeing the orange, yellow and red leaves is so nice.  

I do believe one of the prettiest fall spots in all of Memphis is Chimneyrock Elementary.  This is my school so I get to see the campus everyday.  It seems like one day all the trees are green and then just 3-4 days later, everything has bright fall colors.  

So, one Saturday, I dressed you in your jeans and Gator sweaters and took you up to Chimneyrock to play in the leaves.  Layla loved walking around looking for the pink leaves and Noah loved picking up the sticks.  

Love,
Mommy

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment