background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Curtains

Dear Layla,


It's still surprising to me the everyday, ordinary things that you use as toys.  Well, on second-thought, I think I should rephrase.  I'm still surprised that I get surprised when you use everyday, ordinary things as toys.  


(Author's note: I wrote, rewrote, read and reread that last sentence at least seven times.)


This summer I decided to take on the project of painting all the trim in the house.  It's a looooonnnnnng project.  It takes a while to prep, paint, and put the room back together when there are two little kiddos in the house.  Last night I stayed up until 3:00 in the morning to paint the living room.  I knew I needed to do it all in one night because there are NO WAY that I would be able to do any painting while you and Noah were awake and nap time would not give me enough time to do anything productive.  When I went to bed, I left all the furniture and toys in the middle of the room.  


You thought having the living room is disarray was wonderful.  You especially loved running behind the couches while yelling at the top of your lungs.  You also loved playing with the curtains.  You must have done this curtain thing for ten minutes, but I only managed to video the last few times because I couldn't find my camera in time.  I missed all the times that you made Noah laugh and your sly smile where you know that you are doing something naughty.


Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment